Moving Out and Moving On

Wednesday, June 11, 2014
This past weekend was the first big wave of packing up our house. It was sad, and stressful, and messy. I'm not too fond of the actual house itself, but the fact that it was Scott and my's first place together makes it totally and utterly special to me. 
Thank goodness we haven't accumulated too much "stuff" at this point and that a lot of the stuff we don't mind trying to sell, donate, or just throw out. Because one: I don't think I have the patience for that and two: we want a completely fresh start in our new home. 

This is our cross-eyed cat, Carl. Who we took in after he wandered into our backyard very ill last spring.
He's pretty excited about the move.
I'm giddy for what the future holds for us. We just found out that Scott was approved for an early release from the service so hopefully he will be joining me in Washington in mid August. We'll both be starting over. New state, new jobs, new home. Talk about a new beginning! I feel like this is finally the time that Scott and I are going to start a life together. Living in New Jersey hasn't been the greatest. It's almost like we've been living in limbo for the last year, but now our fate has finally been decided!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!!! I feel you on moving, I am ready to ditch a lot of things as well. Hope everything goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design