Whole30 Diaries: Prep for Success

Thursday, June 5, 2014
Yesterday I ranted and raved about how big of a help food prep has been so far with my Whole30 success so today I wanted to share one of my breakfast preps. With less than 20 mins for preparation and bake time, this breakfast is a win-win!

Egg McNothin's

Ingredients:
  • 6 Slices of organic meat (I used organic turkey breast)
  • 6 Organic eggs
  • Sea salt
  • Pepper
  • Cayenne Pepper

Instructions:
  1. The original recipe said to line a muffin tin with 6 muffin cup liners, and place organic meat slices in the muffin cups, but I had a difficult time getting the meat to stay in the liners, so I just did without and they turned out fine.
  2. Crack eggs into each muffin cup, and sprinkle seasonings on top according to your personal taste preference.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes, until the egg white is thoroughly cooked, and the egg yolk is slightly cooked but not dry.
  4. After your egg McNothin's have cooled, portion them out and then place in to Tupperware containers for the week -- That's it!
BEFORE
AFTER
So easy, right?

It's made the breakfast part of this whole process extremely easy and quite yummy. Below is my breakfast from this morning. I try to make breakfast my biggest meal so in addition to two of my egg McNothin's I had 3 of my homemade pork sausages (also part of my meal prep), and half of an avocado.


Talk about a breakfast of champions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design