Whole30 Diaries: Week 2 Recap

Monday, June 16, 2014
Oh my gosh this week was tough! Not only was I dealing with cravings for chocolate and Diet Coke left and right, but I had to deal with some serious temptation. It just so happened that everyone in the office decided this was going to be the week to bring in junk food to work. I stayed strong and turned down pizza, ice cream, and iced coffee, not to mention our squadron was passing out free doughnuts and coffee on National Doughnut Day! It was tough. REAL tough. Thankfully yesterday I found some LĂ„RABAR's at the Base Exchange yesterday. The fruit and nut bars are going to be perfect for those late night snacks and give me an extra boost of fiber.


Most people think I'm absolutely bonkers when I tell them that I'm doing Whole30 and explain to them what it is. Now that I'm about almost halfway through the program it's become more than just trying to lose weight; I want to prove to myself, and everyone else, that I can actually do this. A year ago this would have never even been a possibility, but now I'm more determined than ever to push myself and test my boundaries in my effort to achieve the healthiest version of myself.

The fact that I'm experiencing great results doesn't hurt either. We went to the mall yesterday for the end of the season sale at my favorite store, Express, and I'm officially down a size! I don't know what was sweeter; the size, or the 70% off price tags. I scored 2 pairs of jeans, 3 lace bralettes, and 6 shirts for under $150!


Here's a look at what I feasted on during Week Two:

Steak, Brussel Sprouts, and Baked Sweet Potato
Blueberry Clafoutis
Spinach Omelette and Grapefruit
Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs, Crushed Tomatoes and Spinach
Paleo Taco Salad
Broccoli Spinach Frittata with Caramelized Onions

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design