Whole30 Diaries: Week 1 Recap

Saturday, June 7, 2014
I am ecstatic to report that I successfully completed my first week of Whole30! I'm shocked. And proud. And amazed that I didn't stray from any of the program's guidelines. I mean, have you read them? It's hardcore. And with any sort of experience similar to this, they say the first week is the hardest and is going to set the tone for the remaining 23 days. Because I handled my first week so well I'm even more excited and optimistic about doing this Whole30 thing!

For those of you who are becoming intrigued about Whole30, but don't think you have the will power to "say no" here are just a few examples of some of the meals I ate (and enjoyed!) during my first week. I couldn't be more serious when I say, "If I can do it, so can you."

Chicken "Italian" Salad
Baked Egg in Avocado
Blueberry "Tortilla" and Coffee with Coconut Milk
Eggplant Sliders with Tomato Sauce
Sweet Potato Chili
And here's what I got lined up for next week:

WEEK 2 MEAL PLAN

Breakfast:
Broccoli Spinach Frittata with Caramelized Onions
Omelet Muffins
Grapefruit with Sea Salt
Blueberry Clafouti
"Potatoes" O'Brien

Lunch:
Leftovers from dinner
Pork Chops with Steamed Mixed Vegetables
Chicken "Italian" Salad

Dinner:
Slow Cooker Chicken and Veggies
Slow Cooker Italian Meatballs
Slow Cooker Taco Meat
Creamy Lemon Chicken Kale Soup
Steak, Baked Sweet Potatoes, and Broccoli

Snacks:
Apples
Almonds
Coconut Water Smoothie
Carrots
Celery
Grape Tomatoes
Pineapple
Strawberries

REMEMBER: Preparation is key guys and gals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design