First Time Food Prepper

Thursday, May 22, 2014
I consider myself I pretty healthy eater these days. In fact, I would say that I eat clean 85% of the time, which is leaps and bounds from where my nutrition was this time last year. However, since summer is quickly approaching I decided it was about time I kick my nutrition in to high gear. This week I gave my first hardcore meal prep a go, and I have to say, it's not nearly as bad as what everyone complains about.

I didn't even spend an hour in the kitchen. And that's including clean up! In that time I made six meal portions for lunches and two days worth of dinners for both my husband and I. While chicken was broiling, the broccoli was steaming, and the rice was cooking, I also managed to rinse, cut, and portion fruits and veggies for us to snack on during the day. 


Let me tell you, it is so nice to not have to stress about what you're going to make for dinner when you get home from work or by the time you actually do get home from work, cooking is the last thing you want to do so you revert to eating out or ordering take-out.

Meal prep is definitely a wise idea if you're serious about eating better more often because when you have food already pre-made and ready to go in the fridge you really have no excuse to step out on your diet. 


I just finished off my chicken, brown rice, and broccoli bowl for lunch; so yummy! A lot of people probably have an issue with eating simple food like this on a regular basis, but I love it! I just require a little sea salt and pepper and I'm good to go. Especially because I mix up our veggie variety so much, it's hard to get bored of it. Even though I could broccoli and asparagus every day for the rest of my life and be perfectly happy about it! 

Meal prep isn't hard. Just don't over complicate it. Seriously, throw a couple chicken breasts or fish fillets in the oven or on the grill, steam some veggies in the microwave, and cook up a cup or 2 of brown rice or heck, make a quinoa salad, or whatever else your prefer, big enough to last you for a couple days! It really is that easy.



1 comment:

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design