Magic Music

Monday, May 5, 2014
Coldplay is, and will always be, my all-time favorite band for two reasons:

1.) Most, if not all of the band's songs have managed to strike me emotionally. Some I can't help but feel giddy and excited while I listen, while others give me a gut wrenching, tear jerking sadness. This bands music has gotten me through a lot of tough times in my life, like when my husband was stationed overseas. But,  has also been the backdrop to some of the best memories I have, like sharing the experience of two of their concerts with my sister and dad. I seriously love Coldplay and the fact that I have such an emotional connection with their music.

2.) They are ever-changing. Example: listen to some of their earlier work like "Yellow" or "The Scientist" and compare it to one of their new tracks, like "Magic." They sound worlds apart, but still indicative of the band. It's incredible how these artists can manage to produce album after album that are so different, but equally exciting to hear. Simply innovative.

Their new album, Ghost Stories, is being released 2 weeks from today and I cannot wait. It's been about 2 years since their last album, Mylo Xyloto, was released so it's about time. Their album hasn't even been released yet but, I'm already dying with anticipation for a world tour. Viva la Coldplay!

And now for your musical pleasure...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design