Five k Schmive k

Friday, April 18, 2014
Today's Get Fit Friday post is a cause for celebration; I conquered my first official 5k today ladies and gentlemen! Even though this isn't the longest distance I've run (almost 7 miles back in October), this was my first actual race and I'm feeling pretty darn accomplished. In my Get Fit Friday post last week I mentioned how I started using the Couch to 10k app to help me get back in shape for distance running again because I spent a lot of winter doing HIIT. I kind of jumped the gun a little because this is only week 2 of the 14 week program, but the weather has been so nice (well, it was when I made the decision to sign up anyways) and it was a fun theme so I figured I would just go for it. My boss even asked me to wear a GoPro camera while I ran so that we could use it as a marketing tool for future 5k's that our squadron hosts. I'm hoping I can get the condensed version of the footage to share on here after my boss edits the footage! I was also lucky enough to have my husband join me, which made it even more special. He was even sweet enough to stay back with me and encourage me when I was falling behind. Aww!

I had 3 goals for myself going into the race this afternoon:
  1. Don't walk
  2. Don't be last.
  3. Finish under 35 minutes
I achieved all three! In fact, I surpassed my goal time by almost 6 minutes! Happy girl, right here!


Also, I love my PolalFT4 watch. And not just because it's green either ;). It gives me a more precise feedback and activity from my workouts and I love the fact that I can visually see when I'm in my fat-burning zone so I can maintain that intensity.

**I'm super excited to announce that next Friday I will feature a little something written by one of my dear friends who is opening up about her marathon training experience so make sure you stay tuned!**

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! That is so exciting! That was my goal of my first race too, don't stop to walk!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design