TGIF!

Friday, April 4, 2014
Or should I say TGIGFF? 
Thank God It's Get Fit Friday!

How are you guys doing with the 30 Day Beginners CrossFit Challenge?  I don't know about y'all, but my quads, hamstrings, and glutes hurt so good so I'm definitely glad it's rest day! I've been adding 30-40 minute cardio sessions either before or after the workouts because I would freak out if I didn't, plus that's when I take the time to clear my head and come up with blogging topics.

In honor of rest day, I'm just going to post some mindful fitness tips that I have found to be helpful:

1.) Never go three days without exercising.
I feel awful going two days without a good workout so I couldn't even fathom going without it for three!

2.) Look at exercise as a pleasure and privilege, not a burden or chore. 
Changing my mindset towards fitness has made it easy to incorporate into my daily routine and schedule. Now exercising is second nature for me and has a huge impact on my mood and feelings. I view exercise and it's benefits as a reward because not only does it make a difference physically, but mentally and emotionally as well.

3.) Don't compare yourself to other people.
This one has taken me a long time. No two people are ever going to look the same and they're not meant to be. We are all different for a reason. So focus on you and trying to achieve the best version of yourself and not the chick next you at the gym.

4.) Consistency  is key!
There's no need to say much here. Make sure to finish whatever you start and don't ever give up on yourself.

5.) Avoid the scale.
This was another hard one for me to steer away from. I always thought that my weight was what mattered most; WRONG! Nowadays I only focus on how I fit in my clothes and taking measurements to asses my progress. Even when my weight plateaued I was still losing measurements around my body and dropping pant sizes. I say screw the scale!

6.) Find a workout buddy
I've started working out more with my husband these last few weeks and he's even doing the 30 Day CrossFit Challenge with me. Not only is he a support system for me, but it's nice to have someone keep me accountable and check my form because I want to make sure I'm getting the most out of all of my workouts. This also refers back to my #2 tip. It's fun when we workout together. We don't get to spend much time together because our schedules are completely opposite so we view our workouts as not only an opportunity to spend together, but also a time to motivate one another.

7.) Don't be afraid to lift weights
I started to incorporate more strength training into my workouts when I started exercising with my husband and that's when I started to see real changes in my body. Running and using the elliptical are great workouts, but they can only do so much for you. If you want to tone and notice definition, weightlifting is the way to go! But I still love my cardio sessions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design