Mission Accomplished

Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Yesterday was the last day of the 30 Day Cross Fit Challenge that I was participating in, hallelujah! I was a bit skeptical before I started the challenge because I've heard about how intense Cross Fit can be, but I decided to go for it anyways because I'm not going to get results if I don't challenge myself. I think the first week was the hardest, especially the mile run, but as the weeks progressed I could feel my body getting stronger and suddenly the planks and lunges weren't as unbearable as they were when I started. I also shaved 43 seconds off of my mile time in a matter of just 3 weeks!

I mentioned in a previous post that I had also started following the Couch to 10k program along with the Cross Fit Challenge and I have to say that my body was never looked better! I was so used to how my body looked before I decided to rein my lifestyle in, that it is almost astonishing when I see myself in the mirror now. I've come a long way since last summer and I do not intend on turning back. I'm so happy with the way I live my life now, but I know I still have a lot of goals for myself, like running the Seahawks 12k next year & eventually the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon, and improvements I would like to see, like more toned arms and killer quads!

Because I enjoyed the 30 Day Cross Fit Challenge so much, I decided to keep mixing up my fitness routine and try out Blogilates. I've heard fabulous things about it so I'm going to give the Blogilates 90 Day Challenge a try. I'm hoping to not only work on my flexibility and strength, but to notice more muscle definition and lean out. I'll keep you guys posted on how that goes.

Also, I threw a new coffee protein shake together yesterday after I finished up my workout and it was just too tasty not to share so here ya go:

4 oz room temp or refrigerated coffee
4 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 scoop chocolate protein (I really like using Syntha-6 by BSN [good for lean muscle])
3 green ice cubes
1 banana
spoonful of chia seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design