Whole Wheat Coffee Chocolate Chip Muffins

Wednesday, April 9, 2014
I'm not sure what it is exactly, but something about baking is incredibly relaxing and satisfying for me. I've had my eye on this muffin recipe for awhile so I made sure to pick up all the necessary materials that I didn't already have in my kitchen when I made my weekly Saturday morning grocery shopping trip. They surpassed my expectations for deliciousness and made the perfect snack to curb my sweet tooth!


Ingredients:
2 1/3 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
3/4 cup Buttermilk (I substituted Whole Milk and Lemon Juice)
3/4 cup Canola or Olive oil (I substituted Olive Oil)
1 cup Applesauce (I used unsweetened)
1/4 cup strong Coffee, at room temperature
1 Egg
2 teaspoons Vanilla
1/2 cup Maple Syrup (I substituted Light Organic Blue Agave Nectar)
1/4 cup Sugar (I substituted 1/8 cup Truvia Baking Blend)
1 cup Chocolate Morsels or Chocolate Chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 and either grease or line two muffin tins with muffin cups. I used a vegetable oil spray and my muffins came out of the tins easily. I also used a large muffin tin and mini muffin tin and I had the perfect amount of batter to fill both trays.
Combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt) in a large bowl. Whisk together, and make a well in the center. Combine the wet ingredients oil, milk, applesauce, coffee, vanilla, maple syrup, sugar, and egg. Whisk the wet ingredients together and pour over the dry ingredients. Stir the ingredients together until almost mixed then add the chocolate chips/morsels and finish mixing until just combined, but try not to over mix.
Scoop the batter into the prepared pans, filling each muffin cup about two-thirds full. Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until the muffin edges are golden brown. I baked both tins at the same time, but left the bigger muffin tin in the oven for a couple extra minutes. You can test the inside with a toothpick; insert and pull out. Muffins are done when little to no crumbs come out. Cool for a few minutes then enjoy!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design