Reason for the Season

Wednesday, April 23, 2014
We've been in New Jersey for a little over a year now and I don't have many positive things to say about it. The weather is awful and unpredictable, paying tolls is just a pain in the rear, it seems like everything is way more expensive, and we have to drive at least 45 minutes to get to a decent restaurant, the mall, and the movie theater. Because we have to drive so far to get anywhere worth going, we hardly ever go out, but when we do, we make sure it's worth our while. Going to Seasons 52 is definitely fits the bill!

Seasons 52 is this incredible restaurant that prepares fresh foods with appropriate portion sizes. They're definitely health conscious, but they celebrate eating well. They use natural cooking techniques like wood-fire grilling, brick-oven cooking and caramelizing vegetables so that the natural flavors take center stage. And because they use fresh, good-for-you foods everything on their menu is 475 calories or less! SCORE!

Since my husband and I couldn't be with our families on Easter this year and neither of us is very religious, we still wanted to do something to make the day special. Perfection.So we got dressed up, got out of the house and ventured out to our favorite place for a special Easter Sunday brunch together.

We shared a Lobster and Mozzarella Flatbread Appetizer that was out of this world and my husband enjoyed a Ginger Beer  Cocktail that was made with Organic Vodka and fresh Lime juice while I sipped on some Jam Jar sweet white wine.
I had the most perfect Baby Spinach Salad with fresh Spring Strawberries, toasted Pine Nuts, crumbles of Gorgonzola Cheese,
and a splash of Vinaigrette. Perfection. 
Even though I don't find myself to be a very religious person, I still consider Easter a special holiday. For me, family and togetherness is what constitutes the special Sunday that is celebrated every year. And even though I was far from my mom, dad, sister, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins, it meant the world to me to share the treasured day with my husband because, simply, he is my family now.


With that, regardless what you did, or who you were with, I hope you all had a beautiful day. I know I sure did.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. That restaurant sounds amazing and I am such a sucker for strawberry salads!!! Trader Joe's has a pretty amazing balsamic glaze that I am sure would be great if you made this salad at home :).

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design