Get Fit Friday

Friday, March 21, 2014
I have decided to make Friday's around here "Get Fit Friday" because everyone and their mom follows a "Friday's Favorites" blog post outline. Since fitness has become such a big part of my life I figure that it would only be right for me to share some of my favorite and challenging work outs that have not only helped me lose 25lbs, but have increased my speed and stamina.

Today was one of those days that seemed to drag on for like ever. By the time 4:30 rolled around I was on the fence about going to the gym before I headed home. I played mental ping ping with myself for those last 30 minutes of my shift. Literally going back and forth and back and forth with whether or not I should go, do I even want to go, and the good ol' "I'll just go tomorrow" excuse. Awhile back I saw probably the best advice ever for when you have those second thoughts about going to the gym: 

Put your gym clothes on and then you decide whether or not you still want to go to the gym after you're fully dressed.

Genius! I bring my gym bag with me to work so that I can just change at the office and then head straight across the street to the base gym. So I decided to grab my bag and change before making my final decision. I'm so glad I did because once my shoes were laced up I was suddenly ready to work out. I've been using this little technique for a couple months now and it hasn't failed me yet!

"You're never going to regret working out, but you will almost always regret skipping one."

I severely underestimated this HIIT workout for the treadmill. The incline may not seem very high, but man it was killer. I'm definitely going to be feeling it in my quads and booty tomorrow. Oh, and prepare to sweat. Happy Get Fit Friday!



-Showcy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design