CrossFit or Cross Don't?

Friday, March 28, 2014
I think I've posted about it before, but I find most of my cardio workouts for the treadmill and elliptical on Pinterest. (Thank God for that site. I feel like I would lose my head without it these days!) Anyways, as I was doing my usual Pinterest perusing earlier this week I stumbled upon a 30 Day CrossFit Challenge. Now, I don't know about y'all, but I've always been intrigued by the discipline of CrossFit, but I'm also extremely intimidated by it at the same dang time. I've seen and heard all of these amazing fitness transformations achieved with the help of CrossFit, but it just seems super over-the-top intense. I've even heard people refer to it as a cult (Yikes!). So you could imagine why I am slightly terrified to give it a try. Plus, I'm guilty of being one of those people who thinks that endless cardio on the elliptical and treadmill is what is going to get me in the best shape. I'm trying to ease into more weight lifting and strength training because my goal is not to be "skinny," I wanna be fit!

So I gave the 30 Day CrossFit Challenge a once over and I thought, "Hey, this doesn't look so terrifying." Also, what really peaked my interest was the fact that the workouts aren't long. 'Cause lets face it, after almost 10 hours at work, the last thing you want to do is spend another 2 hours at the gym. So I've decided I'm going to give it a shot starting on Monday, March 31. If you're just like me and have been too intimidated, but have wanted to try CrossFit, take this 30 Day Challenge with me! It's always nice to have a support system and people to keep you accountable. That way when one of us gets discouraged or really doesn't have the motivation to work out one day, the other will be right there with inspiring


**Those of you who do/ have done CrossFit don't be shy, please, chime in!
What do you think? Is this a good place to start for us newbs?


WEEK ONE
  • Day 1: 20 walking lunges, 10 push-ups, 25 jumping jacks (4 rounds)
  • Day 2: 10 burpees, 1 minute plank, 1 minute side plank (both sides) (3 rounds)
  • Day 3: 25 air squats, 10 sit-ups, (4 rounds)
  • Day 4: Run, bike, swim, etc. for at least 30 minutes
  • Day 5: REST DAY
  • Day 6: Ten vertical jumps, 10 push-ups (5 rounds)
  • Day 7:  Run 1 mile, for timefollowed by 100 jumping jacks

WEEK TWO
  • Day 8: 10 burpees (you can modify these by going down onto your knees and putting your legs out slower if needed), 1 minute plank, 1 minute side plank on each side (3 rounds)
  • Day 9: 10 minutes AMRAP (short breaks between sets if needed): 5 push-ups, 10 sit-ups, 15 air squats
  • Day 10: 20 walking lunges, 50 jumping jacks (4 rounds)
  • Day 11: Run, bike, swim, etc. for at least 30 minutes
  • Day 12: REST DAY
  • Day 13: 15 vertical jumps, 10 push-ups (5 rounds)
  • Day 14: Run 1 mile, for timefollowed by 100 jumping jacks.

WEEK THREE
  • Day 15: 15 burpees (you can modify these by going down onto your knees and putting your legs out slower if needed), 1 minute plank, 1 minute side plank on each side (3 rounds)
  • Day 16: 10 minutes AMRAP  (short breaks between sets if needed): 5 push-ups, 10 sit-ups, 15 air squats
  • Day 17: 30 walking lunges, 50 jumping jacks (4 rounds)
  • Day 18: Run, bike, swim, etc. for at least 30 minutes
  • Day 19: REST DAY
  • Day 20: 15 vertical jumps, 10 push-ups (5 rounds)
  • Day 21: Day 21: Run 1 mile, for time, followed by 100 jumping jacks and 20 sit-ups.

 WEEK FOUR
  • Day 22: 15-20 burpees, 90 second plank, 90 second side plank on each side (3 rounds)
  • Day 23: 20 vertical jumps, 10 push-ups (5 rounds)
  • Day 24: 100 air squats, 100 jumping jacks, for time
  • Day 25: Run, bike, swim, etc. for at least 30 minutes
  • Day 26: REST DAY
  • Day 27: Run 1 mile, for time, followed by 30 sit-ups.
  • Day 28: Leap forward (jump as far as you can with both feet) 20 times (3 rounds).
  • Day 29: 10 minutes AMRAP (short breaks between sets if needed) 10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups, 15 air squats.
  • Day 30: Today’s workout will take a bit longer than other days, so set aside a little bit more time than normal!
      20 lunges, 15 push-ups (5 rounds)–decrease push-up reps if needed 
      - 15 sit-ups, 15 air squats (5 rounds) — or up the reps to 20 each
      - 150 jumping jacks
      - jump rope for one minute
      - 20 vertical jumps
      - 10 burpees

So who's with me?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design